Saturday, September 19, 2009

POLY FORUM: IN PULAI SPRINGS PART 1

Hey all blogreaders!!!

Finally back from JB, Pulai Springs after the poly forum 2009...

It was a really fun time there and the resort thingy was kinda great....
Ok...so let's skip the boring details and I'll highlight the interesting parts of the poly forum...

DAY 1 and 2

Took RP bus to SP...changed bus and took the SP bus to Tuas....
I felt tat it's kinda weird to go to Dover from Woodlands and back to Woodlands again....

Used my new biometric passport for the first time at the S'pore Immigration Checkpoint...
Reached the resort (country club...wadever) in just 1 hour after we left S'pore...
I didn't know it was so near....
Had buffet lunch in this big tent near the hotel...
Apparently the hotel doesn't have a ballroom for all 300 of us to eat in...

Ate lunch with my teammates and other friends...
Made some new friends from NYP and TP...

Split up into other specific teams to do multimedia shit...
I spent the whole afternoon from 2-5pm converting videos into MP4 format...
Then while converting...slacked a bit and chit-chat with friends in Collaterals team...

Played "Get-to-know-the-resort" amazing race in a team of 25 fun people...
Ran around playing meaningless games like solving riddles and charades....
In the end...we won and were the 1st team to be able to collect our room keys...
But sadly the faci changed his mind and instead we all split into sub-themes to collect it...

I was very nervous about getting to know my roommates...
Ended up to room with 6 other people...7 in 1 nice big suite...
We had 3 rooms...2 toilets and a small kitchen...
And the room was all the way at the end of hotel rooms...
It was the last room too...room 538A...

We split up the 3 rooms into 3, 2 and 2 in each room...
I was supposed to be in the room with 3 people...but then changed coz one guy left to join another room...
So in the end we became 2 to each room...
Then my ex-teammate joined our room coz his roommates were too quiet for him...
They didn't switch on the TV....and just used their laptop silently in a corner....sad!!!
So our room became 3,2 and 2 again...

Went down for buffet dinner again at 7...sat with same friends as lunch
Split up to do work again at 8 till 9.30pm...converting videos...

Spent first night staying up till 12.30 to finish converting videos while chit-chatting with roomies and watching S'porean shows on TV....



Woke up at 7.30 the next day (DAY 2 now)
Went down with roomies for buffet breakfast at 8...

Had breakfast with TP people who were roomies' friends...I was the only RP guy there...
BTW...my roomies are 4 TP people...1 SP...1 NYP and 1 RP person...

After breakfast....had to do work again...
Helped find "happy music" for our final video presentation till lunch-time...
Bitched about how I spent my morning to my friends during 7-course lunch...
They had a lot of fun cutting paper and doing deco for the closing ceremony...
I should have joined them...

After lunch did work again till 4pm...
There were games at 4 but almost everyone skipped it...
I skipped it too and returned to hotel room to play card games with roomies and their friends...
Played "Tai-ti"....Cheat...Maths and Pig....

Went down for dinner at 7pm as usual...
Bitched about wad I did again....
Went back to do work at 8 till 9.30 again...this time watching other people's interviews...without earpieces...so I kinda played it a bit too loudly...

Went back to room and played with roomies again...till 1.30 and then slept...
Oh and we also ordered M'sian Mac Delivery...I ordered the expensive McNuggets for R$5.60...
Super expensive and by the time it reached...it was soggy and not crispy...
And wad's worse....we had to pay 7% GST and 10% service charge...

Ate and then slept....
Had more fun than Day 1...oh and I regretted not bringing my camera...
Couldn't take pics to put up here...
So I'll just get them from friends instead...
Part 2 of Poly Forum should be out soon...hopefully by tomorrow...

SO LAZY TO BLOG...