Monday, July 27, 2009

POLY FORUM

Finally it's a new week....
Last week was so hectic!!!

I attended the Poly Forum Opening Ceremony on Saturday morning...
I signed up for it when the email was sent out...
It looked interesting...
And indeed it was!!!


The Opening Ceremony was held at SP and it was nice...
The RP people met up at 7.30 and we went off around 8.30....
I could have slept more but nvm....
The 5 polys in S'pore were there with 60 representatives...so it was quite a big event....
And the dress code was so rainbow-ish...
RP=Green
SP=White
TP=Red
NP=Blue
NYP=Yellow

So basically the ceremony was more of like a introduction thingy...
We were split into sub-themes tat we chose at the start...
The 4 sub-themes are:
1) Rights and Responsibilites of the Individual
2) Rich-poor Divide
3) Recession
4) Erosion of Culture

I chose 4 coz the others didn't look interesting to me...
And when the ceremony started...we had a Q&A session with the special guests...
My sub-theme's special guest was kinda like a funny guy...
He has very-the-good English and the way he briefed us about the sub-theme was the most outstanding and interesting...
I was glad tat I chose this sub-theme....

Then after tat we broke up into our respective sub-themes and had a mini-gathering...
My sub-theme facis seem fun and they got everyone hyper for it...
We get to visit various historic musuems to research on culture!! SO COOL!!
So anyways after the OC...we went back to RP with the sub-theme 4 people from the other polys...
We had a Gamelan session back in RP...which was very fun!!
We learnt how to play some instruments and play 2 songs...a wedding song and folk song...

Oh and as promised....here are the formal day photos!!!
Enjoy people!!!